OTHER Barely thirteen games. That's how long Fred Rutten's career at Anderlecht lasted. Not counting the interim coaches, there are only two trainers in club history who stayed less: Herbert Neumann and Martin McLaren.
In the summer of 1995, Anderlecht appointed Neumann as the successor of Johan Boskamp. The latter had just won three titles in a row. Neumann came from Vitesse. After barely four games, on August 12, he was already gone. He lost the first two competition games and lost in Europe against Ferencvaros.
Martin McLaren started as the head coach in the 1946-1947 season, but left on October 27.
The shortest trainers passages *
1. Herbert Neumann: 4 games (1995)
2. Martin McLaren: 8 (1946)
3. Fred Rutten: 13 (2019)
4. John Kennedy: 14 (1946)
5. René Vandereycken: 20 (1997)
6. Norberto Höfling: 22 (1968-1969)
7. Luka Peruzovic: 26 (1992-1993)
8. Georges Leekens: 32 (1987-1988)
8. Claude Leclercq: 32 (1933-1934)
(*): excluding interim coaches.
Source: © Internal source