News with tag "Transfers"


 23-05-2026 

Verschaeren: 'Sad that it's over'

Verschaeren: 'Sad that it's over'

With a standing ovation, the Anderlecht crowd yesterday said farewell to Yari Verschaeren. "It really moved me," he said after the match. "I was emotional all day. I've spent three quarters of my life here. Read more »


Stroeykens and Sardella may also leave

Stroeykens and Sardella may also leave

This summer Anderlecht will say goodbye to several familiar faces. The names are already known. Het Nieuwsblad now reports that Mario Stroeykens and Killian Sardella may also be allowed to leave the club if a good offer comes in. Read more »


De Cat has already visited several German clubs

De Cat has already visited several German clubs

It appears Nathan De Cat will be playing in the Bundesliga next season. After his emotional evening at the Lotto Park yesterday, Het Laatste Nieuws now reports that De Cat visited several German clubs in recent months to hear about the projects they have in mind for him. Anyone who saw De Cat after the match against STVV yesterday could only conclude that the midfielder realised he had played his last game at the Lotto Park. Emotions and tears took over. Read more »


 22-05-2026 

Official: Rits bids farewell

Official: Rits bids farewell

Mats Rits completes the trio of players who will definitely leave Anderlecht after this season. Rits (32) arrived from Club Brugge in August 2023 and has made 82 appearances for the Mauves. In his first two seasons he played regularly, mainly as a purely defensive midfielder. This season, however, he was excluded from the first?team squad after the European exit and was only brought back into the squad under Taravel, which allowed him a few substitute appearances. Read more »


Official: Yari Verschaeren also leaves Anderlecht

Official: Yari Verschaeren also leaves Anderlecht

Anderlecht has also officially announced that Yari Verschaeren (24) will leave the club after this season. Verschaeren is a product of Anderlecht's youth academy and had been with the purple-and-white since 2010. He made his debut under Hein Vanhaezebrouck in 2018 at STVV, alongside Doku. Although a bright future was promised, Verschaeren never quite shook off the label of perpetual talent. Read more »


Official: Hazard leaves Anderlecht

Official: Hazard leaves Anderlecht

Thorgan Hazard will leave Anderlecht after this season. Anderlecht's official Facebook page posted a farewell message addressed to Hazard ahead of tonight's match: "De lach van het Park. Merci pour tout, Toto, et bon vent." Hazard moved from Dortmund in September 2023. He made 96 appearances for Anderlecht, scoring 21 times and providing 29 assists. Read more »



 20-05-2026 

Schalke wants to keep Ndiaye

Schalke wants to keep Ndiaye

According to Kicker, Schalke 04 is keen to sign Moussa Ndiaye permanently from Anderlecht. This comes as no surprise, given that the Senegalese player has generally been a starter for the 2. Bundesliga champions since his move last winter. The publication ranks Ndiaye as Schalke's third-best outfield player and considers him an absolute top-tier signing. Over 14 matches, he logged 1,122 minutes of playing time and also provided 2 assists. Read more »


 19-05-2026 

Freiburg shows interest in Saliba

Freiburg shows interest in Saliba

According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, Nathan-Dylan Saliba is on Freiburg's list of potential signings for next season. The club finished seventh in the Bundesliga and will play the Europa League final against Aston Villa this coming Wednesday. If they win this match, they will still be able to compete in the Champions League next season.  Read more »


Web poll: 'Not supporting anymore this season'

Web poll: 'Not supporting anymore this season'

Today we launch a new web poll: what do you think of the hardcore supporters' decision to stop actively supporting in the remaining matches? On Sunday at the stadium we noticed opinions were divided. Most people understand the frustration, but not everyone thinks that "no longer actively supporting" is the best way to show it; there is still an important fourth place at stake. So we ask for your vote: agree? Read more »



 13-05-2026 

De Cat: 'Extending isn't a must, but I might re-sign'

De Cat: 'Extending isn't a must, but I might re-sign'

Nathan De Cat is fit again, and all of Anderlecht is hoping he will take the team by the hand tomorrow and steer them to victory in the Belgian Cup final. Will that be his farewell gift to Anderlecht? With one year left on his contract, a departure this summer seems almost inevitable. "But fans may still hope I'll stay," he tells Het Nieuwsblad today. Read more »


 07-05-2026 

Bornauw: 'We had five criteria and Sibierski meets all five'

Bornauw: 'We had five criteria and Sibierski meets all five'

This afternoon Anderlecht introduced its new sporting director, Antoine Sibierski, to the press. CEO Kenneth Bornauw said at the presentation that, before launching the search, the club carried out a thorough analysis of what it needed. "We arrived at five criteria. Sibierski meets all five," Bornauw said. Read more »



 05-05-2026 

Hatenboer: 'I'd rather stay in the Netherlands'

Hatenboer: 'I'd rather stay in the Netherlands'

In an interview with Voetbal International, Cedric Hatenboer looks back on his transfer and his spell at Anderlecht. The midfielder explains how everything changed for him when Anderlecht replaced both coach and chairman. His future was also discussed. Read more »


Official: Sibierski is the new Sporting Director

Official: Sibierski is the new Sporting Director

As expected, 51-year-old Frenchman Antoine Sibierski has been appointed Anderlecht's new Sporting Director. He will take the reins of sporting policy across all professional teams and will also oversee the scouting and performance departments (first team, Futures and Women). Sibierski played as an attacking midfielder for Auxerre, Nantes and Lens, and later in England for Manchester City, Newcastle and Wigan. For the past two seasons he was Sporting Director at ESTAC Troyes; Troyes secured promotion to Ligue 1 this season. Read more »


 02-05-2026 

Balembi signs with RSC Anderlecht

Balembi signs with RSC Anderlecht

Daevon Balembi will be part of RSC Anderlecht's U18 squad next season; he is transferring from Club Brugge. He has signed his first professional contract, which runs until June 2029, and plays as a number nine. Furthermore, he is physically strong for his age. This gives Anderlecht a player with a profile that the team has too often lacked. Read more »


Goto: 'I did nothing wrong'

Goto: 'I did nothing wrong'

A few hours before the clash with Union, Keisuke Goto looks back on the commotion that followed his celebration during STVV–Anderlecht. The Japanese forward, constantly followed by a Japanese film crew, says he still does not understand why the Brussels reaction was so strong after his goal against the purple-and-white. Nine days after his decisive strike that made it 2-0, Goto maintains he never meant to provoke RSCA. For him the celebration was above all an expression of relief: STVV had not beaten Anderlecht in almost eight years, and he himself had gone two months without scoring. Read more »


Chmielewski signs with RSCA

Chmielewski signs with RSCA

Maximilian Chmielewski is joining RSC Anderlecht's U18 team. He has transferred from Union. The 16-year-old forward, of German and Polish descent, played in the Youth League with Union this season. He had moved from Overijse to Union in 2024. He thanked Union for the trust the club's management placed in him and expressed his gratitude to his family. Read more »



 29-04-2026 

Kouyaté will not return to Anderlecht

Kouyaté will not return to Anderlecht

Anderlecht explored whether Cheikhou Kouyaté (36) could be an asset to RSCA Futures as a dispensation player. The Senegalese player even joined a few training sessions, but ultimately, no contract will be signed. Read more »


 27-04-2026 

Anderlecht scouting in Switzerland

Anderlecht scouting in Switzerland

Anderlecht officially still has no new sporting director, but according to Het Laatste Nieuws the club is scanning Switzerland for reinforcements. It has FC Luzern's left-back Ruben Dantas in its sights. Dantas is a 22-year-old Swiss player of Portuguese descent. This season he featured seventeen times in the league. Luzern is said to want between €2 million and €3 million for him, while he's valued around €700,000 on the market. Read more »


Mbemba will not return to Anderlecht

Mbemba will not return to Anderlecht

Some sources suggested Chancel Mbemba might return to Anderlecht, but that won't happen. He was indeed approached, yet the financial obstacle remains: he would be too expensive for the purple-and-white's budget. Besides, he isn't exactly keen on Anderlecht. He will likely play the World Cup with Congo and hopes to use it to secure one last big transfer at the age of 31. Mbemba is out of contract at Lille. Read more »


 24-04-2026 

Stroeykens may be out for the rest of the season

Stroeykens may be out for the rest of the season

Mario Stroeykens injured himself on Saturday against KV Mechelen. "A thigh injury," coach Jérémy Taravel said at his press conference this afternoon. "He will be out for longer than two to three weeks." Taravel added that Stroeykens must undergo an additional scan next week; only then will the exact length of his absence be known. Read more »


Anderlecht track Abdelmaguid

Anderlecht track Abdelmaguid

According to his agent, RSC Anderlecht have been tracking Hossam Abdelmaguid. The 1.94-metre Egyptian centre-back is currently under contract at Zamalek, the club where he was developed. This season he played 33 matches in all competitions, scoring six goals and picking up four yellow cards. He also has twelve caps for Egypt and is 24 years old, with a clear wish to test himself in a European league. Read more »